The EMTRL was established in 2001 (Amirkabir University of Technology). The staff at EMTRL are involved in research and development projects in various aspects of the design and prototyping of electromagnetic devices. The main task of the laboratory is to explore new electrical machines and motor drives for various applications from computer hard disks to hybrid vehicles. The following is a brief description of active research projects at EMTRL:
- Design and Prototyping Electromagnetic Devices, such as Electrical Machines (Linear and Rotational) and Transformers.
- Design and Prototyping of Wireless Power Transfer Systems for Electric Vehicles and Mobile Devices.
- Design and Prototyping a Dual-Stator Machine with High Torque Density and Minimum Torque Ripple
- Development of New Devices, such as Flux Reversal Generators, Tubular, and Double-Sided Linear Induction Motors, High-Speed Disk Induction Machines, Single-Phase Auto-Transformer, and Axial-Flux Disk Permanent Magnets.
- Development of New Software for Various Devices, such as Single-Phase and Three-Phase Low to High-Power Transformers, Linear and Rrotational Electrical Machines, and Direct Current and Induction Machines.