The EMTRL was established in 2001 (Amirkabir university of Technology). The staff at EMTRL are involved in research and development projects in various aspects of design and prototyping of electromagnetic devices. The main task of the laboratory is to explore new electrical machines and motor drives for various applications from computer hard disk to hybrid vehicles. The following is a brief description of active research projects at EMTRL:
- Design and prototyping of a Dual-stator machine with high torque density and minimum torque ripple.
- Design and prototyping of electromagnetic devices, such as electrical machines (linear and rotational) and transformers.
- Design and Prototyping of a Wireless Power Transfer for Electric Vehicles.
- Development of new devices, such as flux reversal generator, tubular and double-sided linear induction motors, high speed disk induction machine, single phase auto-transformer, axial-flux disk permanent magnet.
- Development of new software for various devices, such as single phase and three phase low to high power transformers, linear and rotational electrical machines, and direct current and induction machines.